Monday, March 16, 2009

Off to PG

Friday morning I woke up at 5am to meet at the Mayfair parking lot so that I could board the bus on my adventure to Prince George for the WRCUP conference. The WRCUP is a newspaper conference held for students in post-secondary across British Columbia and is provided as a networking/learning experience for everyone in attendance. Speakers come in all day and you choose which seminars you want to attend so you can learn what’s most relevant to you when it comes to your writing. Since I like photography and arts and culture I tend to lean towards those rather than investigative reporting, although I’ve been to some of those at other conferences and depending on the speaker they can actually be pretty good. Anyways, that’s what up to for the weekend – allowing at least 26 hours for traveling :S Yay! I'll post some pictures later.


I was looking forward to it as I was able to see some family up there whom I haven't seen in ages. We ended up going out for dinner at a nice looking restaurant...with sub par over priced food. My cousin also came out and hung out with us a bit afterwards too. The only downfall of the trip was that there was some school work that I could have been tending to at the same time. (oh well I'll make up for it this week)


So to make this whole blurb relevant I’ll relate it to my column and the fact that I have, as you know, taken it to the next level and turned it into an audio blog with CBC as well. Two have been aired now, but I missed the last one because I thought they were playing it at 7:40ish again but instead they pretty much decided to lead off the morning show with it and aired it at 6:15! I wonder when it will be on next week.... So my mom and I missed it but Andy, Will and Doug tuned in! Why Will was up at the time god knows. I was on again this morning giving up MONEY but I don't know what time they aired me again. I really need to talk to Peter about this.


On another note I have now filmed one of the interviews for my major as well as part of my video-blog. I’ll keep you posted on the process of the two and other updates on my major project.

No comments:

Post a Comment