
I went down to CBC to do my first set of recording finally. When I got there before we did anything I showed Peter the three that I had revamped so far and he approved. YAY! :) I'm not sure what I would have done if he hadn't as I wasn't really anticipating that but I'm guessing it would involve some quick on the spot editing of my articles. After that I gave them my details (so I can get paid) and signed a contract as a freelance contributor. Unfortunately I'm not getting paid as much as he originally said but in the guidebook it says I'm getting the right rate. Besides it's more for the experience and exposure anyways.
So yeah we hop into the studio and set up the mic, etc... Peter sets himself up in the adjacent office and after I put on my headphones I can hear what he's saying from the other room. He tells me to go ahead so we can test volume levels and after a few tweaks of the mic we're good to go. A sip of some water and a "cough cough" to clear the throat (for added effect - I'm a paid professional now :P ) get me ready to rock and I start voicing over the first one. After two takes of each article we finished up in about 1/2 hour. Man I hammed it up for parts of them. I didn't stumble too much on my words which was good. It's a lot easier when you're reading your own writing.
The three I recorded during this session were hot water, caffeine and money. I haven't decided yet what I'll do next time but I finished the third one today saying I was giving up the internet so that will have to be one. All and all today was a success ending with a friendly "see you later when you have the others re-vamped". He said he'd like to have me in next week so I better get cracking. If only I didn't have school and work too! Or just didn't need to sleep...maybe I should give that up. HAH!
The three I recorded during this session were hot water, caffeine and money. I haven't decided yet what I'll do next time but I finished the third one today saying I was giving up the internet so that will have to be one. All and all today was a success ending with a friendly "see you later when you have the others re-vamped". He said he'd like to have me in next week so I better get cracking. If only I didn't have school and work too! Or just didn't need to sleep...maybe I should give that up. HAH!
No comments:
Post a Comment